So is it worth setting goals? Yes, but you need to spend some time thinking about the goal and planning how to achieve it. The following steps can be followed.
- Set one goal rather than multiple ones, such as being healthier.
- Quantify this and personalise it, losing 5% body fat will make you healthier.
- Make it realistic, losing 1 stone in one month is unrealistic as this would require extreme calorie deprivation. A more realistic goal would be to lose 1 stone in weight in 3 months or even 6 months.
- Identify how you are going to achieve this. It is much better to devise your own plan rather than follow a prescriptive diet. Diets do not work and over the long term they will lead to weight gain.
- Try to make small changes in your diet, such as replacing sugary snacks with fruit. Implement this change over 2 weeks before addressing another unhealthy eating habit. By changing the food you eat slowly over time, these new habits can be maintained over the long term.
- Changing any habit takes effort and preparation.
- Quick fix diets/exercise plans may work for a couple of weeks, but they are not long term sustainable solutions. Coastal fitness can help you along this journey, which will have set backs, but the end result will be worth it, if you really want to make a change. Please contact us.