The type of exercise will be depend on your personal goals, abilities and interests but each session will incorporate the following:-
- Cardiovascular training – walking, running, cycling and swimming.
- Resistance exercises – training with free weights, medicine balls, resistance bands and body weight.
- Core stability – developing strength around the trunk area.
- Functional training – this will involve using total body weight movements to replicate everyday activities.
- Flexibility – static and assisted stretching.
- Posture training – correction of any muscle imbalances.
- Balance – developing proprioception.
- Psychological skills training – this will involve developing personal goals, improved self-esteem and self-efficacy.
- Training for those with chronic medical conditions and other additional needs.